Labels

Friday 8 March 2013

A Beautiful Friday in Nanjing

Today was an absolutely beautiful day, we reached a high of 29 degrees Celsius.  In celebration of this I took all of my classes outside to enjoy the "fresh" air.  The Chinese confuse us, here it is nearly 30, our students are wearing heavy knit sweaters under their jackets and people on the street are still wearing winter coats, while I'm wearing a skirt and t-shirt.  I know that it's only going to get hotter here but 30 is pretty hot.
Anyways took some pictures of the kids as they worked on their completely inconsequential Egyptian artwork. 


One student opted to stay inside...to each their own.






After school today Maggie wanted to see the plum blossoms before they all disappear and turn into fruit.  I went along with her, since I didn't really have much to do after school back at the apartment.  The park we went to was a 40 minute bus ride from the school, called GuLin Park.  The place was huge and had a lot of beautiful plum blossoms spread throughout.  Here are the pics, I think these could be pictures I put on a wall in some future. 


The older generation playing Chinese Chess in the park on a Friday afternoon.












No comments:

Post a Comment