Labels

Sunday 20 January 2013

Weekend in Harbin

Hey Everyone, sorry it's been so long, just haven't been travelling that much since Christmas.  I've finished my first semester as a teacher and I am now on a 1 month break from school.  Eliza and I started this amazing busy month with a trip north to Harbin (9 hour train trip north of Beijing).


St Sofia Church - Harbin Architectural Art Gallery 



"It seemed like a good idea at the time!"
Harbin Siberian Tiger Park


















"Don't Move!"



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L32djwZlxQg

"So coooold!"


Baby Tiger!

White Liger and Baby Tiger!


"I fight you!"


Ice and Snow World - Harbin - Sun Island





"Is there anyone behind me?"




I am bundled up to the nines.



Ice Slides Behind Me!


Ice Bar



















Eliza behind the Ice Bar

Snow Tubing


I did this as well, but the picture was corrupted and lost.


Same with the Chair on Ice!

Air bubbles and a lily pad stuck in the ice, at least 2 feet deep the ice.

Angry Birds

Zhaolin Park - Ice Sculpture Lantern Show

 From reading a magazine in the plane back to Nanjing, we found out that generations ago, people living in the north of China would freeze water in a barrel and then chip out a hole in the centre to insert the lantern to protect it from the cold wind.  This started the tradition that has led to the Ice Sculpture Lantern Show.  












No comments:

Post a Comment